Annual Meeting - March 31, 2006 |
Board Meeting - April 18, 2006
Board Meeting - April 29, 2006
Board Meeting - May 24, 2006
Board Meeting - July 18, 2006
Board Meeting - Sept. 13, 2006
Board Meeting - Nov. 1, 2006
Board Meeting - Dec. 2, 2006
Wecome and CTO by President Tom Fridrick: 7:10pm. Meeting held at Wernert Civic Center, Douglas Rd.. 38 members in attendance. Food and beverages began at 6:00pm.
Board member introductions, and huge thank you to Joyce Donaldson and Nate Russell for long term involvement on the board.
Mintues from the 2005 annual meeting were reviewed by all members and board. Wayne Crowther moved to accept minutes and Liz Young 2nd. All in attendance were in favor to approve minutes as written.
Membership report by Jamie Kirby, team Secretary. In 2005 157 members noted with 67 new to club. For 2006, 76 members already signed up with 28 new.
2005 Events in review:
Glass City Water Stop- Organized by Kraig Kirby and awarded the best stop by race participants.
Special Olympics- Organized by Rob Loeb at Central Catholic in May. TT has been involved for 15 years helping this 8 county regional meet with timing, announcing and “catching” participants.
Taste of the Town- TT’s largest fundraiser. Volunteers coordinated by Ann Fleck (the old B!$ch). Earned $4,000 this year for four days of work. Incredibly hot/humid, but we had good numbers. Red TT shirts were a hit. Great time for fun, people watching, music, and of course food!
Summer workout programs- Track nights went well with Coach Jon. Need more individualized workouts for newbies. Swims were a raving success with great attendance. The Raffoul’s organized Time Trials and were successful in bringing out racers. Needed more folds to man corners.
TT Grant- Awarded to Nate Russell after submitting an essay, board (excluding Nate) voted, awarded $500, and requested a race report. Nate used funds to participate in the Hawaiian Ironman. Grant intended to help TT members develop and pursue activities for achievement. Jeremy to chair the grant committee and needs volunteers.
TT Bike Jersey’s- After two years, Kraig Kirby, Jeff DeGross, and Jeremy Miller developed and solicited sponsors for a jersey. So far have sold 73 of 100 (10 given to sponsors). Will sell for 2 years as promised to sponsors. Will order more in specialized sizes if necessary.
Race Uniforms- Joyce Donaldson organized purchase of 1pc/2pc race suits. Members purchased for around $100 and were reimbursed if they raced 3 MERCRS races and Championships in Indy. Still a few pieces left for purchase.
MERCRS- Mideast Region in largest/ most active including 5 states. Joyce, Jeremy, Jeff had a committee to target a few races to maximize points. After Kalamazoo, and Ft. Wayne, TT came in 3rd and won $400. Ginger Dankert scores all races (thanks you!!) and found winning the region all comes down to the Indy Championship.
Chili Cook-off- Kraig and Jamie Kirby organized. After fierce competition, Jeff DeGross won AGAIN and got a free TT membership! Held at Roadhouse Tavern. Large TV for Kona IM viewing was broken, but owner promises to have fixed if we come back next year.
Winter Bike Fit and Expo- Awarded Tom Demerly with the “Extra-mile award” for traveling in the black ice to do 27 bike fits without his partner! Great turnout by local vendors selling races Equipment and having demo’s for new products. Next year will have a small change, where new members or those not ever having a fit will have the first opportunity to signup. Any members who had in 2005 and wants another will fill the rest of the slots.
Troy Jacobson Spinnervals- 40 members participated in this lecture/workout at the Blvd. Church of Christ. Thanks to Joyce who organized the event and was our Troy contact. Membership really enjoyed having him.
Member Accomplishments- First Du/Sprint/Olympic Tri: Liz Young; First Olympic: Greg LaMastus; First ˝ IM: Dale Patterson; First IM: Jeff DeGross, Tom Fridrick. Dave McGranahan was the 2005 Wold Champ Above the Knee Amputee for ITU in Hawaii. Jim Donaldson raced the age group worlds and Xterra worlds (took 4th) in Hawaii. Amy Dodson finish the Florida IM and is the 2nd female amputee finisher of the IM distance. Nate Russell completed IM Hawaii.
2005 concers/questions- None
2006 New Business: began discussion at 8:13pm
Bylaw change- 7 day notice was given to membership to change from 3 to 4 member representatives. Nancy Howenstein moves and Wayne Crowther 2nd to accept bylaw. No discussion. All voted in favor.
2006 Board Elections- Last minute change to ballot to take Rob Wissolik off President Elect and Khalil Raffoul stepped up to take the position.
6:30pm Sylvania Branch Library
In attendance: Jeremy, Jeff D., Joe, Jeff A., Jamie, Dale, Liz, Ginger
Call to order 6:34 pm by President Jeremy Miller
1) TT bylaw review- Gave bylaw copies to new members for review. New amendment was added as voted in by general membership in March.
2) Adopt a Street, April 29- Need to mass email members and move announcement to front page of website. Jeremy will contact Glenn Luther, our new “trash man”, to give Keep Lucas Cty. Beautiful contact information. Tom Fridrick will have pick-up truck at Tam-o on Saturday.
2a) Miscellaneous expenses- Motion was made by Liz with Jeff second that any expense less than $50 that supports a club function will fall under our Miscellaneous Expenses on the budget. These expenses may be approved without full board approval through notifying the President, Vice President, or President Elect. Vote Aye-7 Nay- 0 (Ginger not present to vote.)
3) Taste of the Town, June 1-4- Tom Fridrick and Ann Fleck to organize a call list for board members and contact KLCB for exact volunteer times. Need to have contact with members by May 15 and confirm time slots by May 24. Will mass email membership and tell them to expect a call.
a. Also Need more 50 Red TT t-shirts for new members/volunteers
b. Ginger investigated polyester Dry-lite and motions to purchase. Liz seconds.
c. Discussion discussed a change to new logo. Same block letters on front, but logo in
middle of back.
d. Ginger amended to purchase 100 new shirts as pricing she was given was for 100.
e. Voting called by Jeremy: Aye- 8 Nay-0.
4) Summer programs 2006
a. Swims- Need Joyce to reschedule conflicting swims, Liz will confirm with Joyce. Also
need to know if Joyce made any headway with the Windjammer for additional swims.
b. Track workouts- Dale will be contact with Coach Jon
c. Cycling time trials- Table discussion until next meeting as Khalil not present.
d. Will mass email about upcoming Time Trial and Track workout.
5) MERCRS Committee meeting outcome- Committee of Kraig Kirby (chair), Jeff DeGross, Jeremy Miller, Nate Russell met to discuss 2006 races. The committee will contact members to solicit for target races. If race uniforms were ordered now we’d not receive until July. Will not reorder this year.
A races- Buffalo Trails May 28, Flag City June 10, Clark Lake July 16, Slyvania Aug. 8, Mideast Championships Aug. 27. Will try to send as many people as possible.
B races- Lame Duck July 8, Muncie July 15, Tri America July 23. Send 1 or 2 members for sure and if enough interest we can target for additional points.
6) Team Toledo 'official club sponsorship' for the R4R Half Iron Tri on June 11-
Jeremy Miller contacted Kenny from 3 disciplines racing. Would like help with set up, tear down on Saturday/Sunday with 10-15 members each day. Club would get logo on race T-shirt, a tent at the finish line. There is not monetary compensation nor race discount.
Concerns were discussed 1) Racing for Recovery not involved with Team Toledo, 2) May have conflict with Flag City MERCRS target race on that Saturday, 3) Questions about use of Race for Recovery profits.
Jeremy will discuss with Kenny more details about deal and email board for confirmation of interest.
7) Women's Tri and TT Participation - July 30, 2006
Elite Endeavor was spoken with and they would entertain TT help on the run/bike course. Need to review and develop a contract for service expectations (see attached example from Ann Arbor Tri). TT needs a written commitment and needs to be consistent with any race we are involved in.
8) Sylvania Tri Non-payment and plans for 2006- Tom F. and Jeff spoke with Elite Endeavors and due to unforeseen increases in costs a monetary contribution to our club was not given for the 2006 Sylvania races. EE was also disappointed in volunteer turnout. Need to have a written commitment as discussed with Women’s Tri for future events.
9) 2006 Tentative Board Meetings: May 24, July 26, Sept 13, Nov 15- Reviewed and tentatively approved.
10) USAT Grants- USAT will be taking the prior $3 club discount money and putting it toward a fund for grants. Teams can submit applications for money to be used for club activities (ie. Open water swims, club picnic, club uniforms, travel to championships.) Jeff DeGross will chair a USAT grant committee and Joe C. will help with writing.
11) Club Insurance- Need to review club insurance and find if swims are covered, if there is a lifeguard requirement and if we have directors club liability coverage. Jeff will review and report back.
Jeff called to adjourn at 8:28pm with Dale 2nd.
Meeting Time: 9-10am Called to order at 9:30am
In attendance: Jeremy, Jeff, Ginger, Jamie, Khalil, Joe
Items of Business
Jeff has developed three grant applications for USAT. Applications were downloaded
off website and put together by Jeff.
1) Summer Team Toledo Picnic- Request $750 for purpose of summer picnic after open water swim. Costs incurred include shelter rental, and food.
2) Summer Team Toledo Open Water Swims- Request $720 for purpose of opem water swims at Olander Park. Costs incurred include lifeguards, and grounds use.
3) Team Toledo Race Uniforms- Request $1,000 for purpose of designing new race uniforms for distribution and use in 2007. Funds were not allocated in 2006 as time would not allow use of uniforms for full season.
Khalil brought team budget for review and to verify monies requested are accurate. All three applications were reviewed by the board.
Ginger moved and Jamie 2nd to accept all three grant proposals for submission to USAT by tonight. Voting: Aye-6 Nay-0.
Ginger moved and Jeff 2nd to adjourn meeting at 9:45am.
Meeting Time: 6:30pm Called to order at 6:33pm
In attendance: Jeremy, Jeff D., Ginger, Jamie, Khalil, Joe, Jeff A., Liz
Ginger motioned to table approval of April’s minutes as Jamie did not bring copies. Jeff A. second. Aye-8 Nay-0
Taste of the Town Update
- Tom dropped off 2006 contract with Keep Lucas County Beautiful for our files. Consensus was that 50% of member were verbally contacted to solicit for help. Board to call those members who we’ve not heard from.
- Discussed possibly asking Northview HS students for help, but questioned liability if something happened. Also would need parental consent. Decided not pursue.
- Tom and Ann will verify volunteers and find out about parking vouchers. Ann will bring water/pop for volunteers.
Team Shirt Update
- Ginger stated dry-lite shirt price went up to $16 with multiple quotes of similar prices. Cool Max was $22. Suggest red shirts with lighter weight cotton or going with a polyester. Will order 75 original red T-shirts for now and possibly have new material for next year.
Sylvania Half Update
Volunteers and timing set up with Todd C. 15-20 members have agreed to volunteer with multiple shift opportunities.
Ginger will purchase new banner (Next Day sign). Jamie will email the artwork to Ginger.
Women’s Tri Update
- Jim Donaldson was contacted and requested TT members to man bike course.
Contacted Jeff D. for 15 volunteers. Need to draft a contract specifying
expectations and negotiate pay/name recognition.
Sylvania Tri Update
- Ann Arbor Tri contract provided by Jeff D. 2006 race TT may help with kids race, set up/tear down, and parking? Kkalil and Jeff will meet with EE to negotiate. Monetary reimbursement requested will be $1500.
Summer’06 Workout Update
- New swim dates worked out. July13 for July12, and July25 for July 26. Unsure of date for kids swim.
- Track workouts going well. 8-10 people showing up with varying workouts.
- Really need new time trial venue. Haskins? Secor Park? Irwin Park? Oak Openings?
Family Picnic ‘06
- Shelter is reserved and paid for. Food not yet decided.
Will have response from USAT by June 1.
Team Toledo Winter Workout ‘07
Joe C. was in contact with Doug Stern, a swim coach from NYC. Puts on swim clinics
and contributes to slowtwitch.com. Can come for a 3 day clinic with video analysis
for $300/person. 10-15 people max and we find our own pool. Timeframe from
Oct.-Early December. Could set up this function and use no club money due to limited
seminar spots available. Joe will inquire about a seminar style function.
Other new business
- Jamie: multiple requests from varying people on club advertising. Will put any team offers on Team Store link of teamtoledo.com.
- Liz: Bank account names switched to Liz. Also requesting a PO Box for contact and new checks. Ginger Motioned to obtain PO Box at a cost of $20 every 6 mo with Joe second. Aye-8 Nay-0. Ginger also motioned to allocate $20 for new Team Toledo checks with Khalil second. Aye-8 Nay-0.
- JeffD: Money allocated to order 25 more jersey’s
- Team clothing: many ideas on different items we could sell and place our logo on. IE. Headsweats, hats, dry fit shirts, shorts. Need all ideas so we can discuss at ’07 annual meeting and place a large order. Tabled discussion until next meeting.
Jamie Motioned to adjourn at 8:13 and Jeff A. second.
Meeting Time: 6:30pm Called to order at 6:38pm
In attendance: Liz, Jamie, Ginger, Khalil, Jeff D., Jeff A., Jeremy, Dale
Approve previous board minutes from Apr. 29 and May 24. Khalil moved to approve minutes as typed, Liz 2nd. Aye-8 Nay-0
Womens Tri (Liz)- Would like 10 volunteers for the bike course. Will place
on course in specific locations. Liz to email times/responsibilities to Jamie for
mass notice. Need to have final roster by July 28.
-Jeff D. asked why Elite Endeavors approached certain TT members for other duties
when TT had already offered help?
1) Individuals were approached prior to TT involvement
2) EE wanted specific experience in the transition area
-Concerns include that we have no formal contract with EE for our help.
Also no TT exposure at the race.
Sylvania Tri (Khalil) - See attached handout. Would like 15-20 volunteers.
Will pay $300-500 dependent on # of volunteers and work completed. Khalil to be
follow up contact. Volunteers are able to attend the volunteer party. May need
to have a volunteer director to organize. Note that the Kids Tri is not included
Picnic (Khalil) - Planning on food for 75 from Byblo’s. Jamie to bring
plates/utensils and Liz to bring beverages. Jeremy will address club with
announcements prior to team picture. Need everyone to wear Red Team Toledo shirts.
Doug Stern Clinic (Jeremy) - See attached from Joe. To involve Team Toledo it was suggested to pay for pool time. The individual is then responsible for the $350 charge for the clinic. Northview HS rents pool for $30/hr with one guard. Jamie motioned for TT to cover pool cost for a clinic in December if there is enough interest. Dale 2nd. Aye-8 Nay-0
Mideast Championship Incentive/Plan (Jeff) - See attached. Ginger motioned to accept plan as written to reimburse $35 per person not to exceed $1050 unless prior approved. Dale 2nd. Aye-8 Nay-0
Taste of the Town (Jeremy) - UHS has not yet paid. Tom F will contact. Only complaint was worker may have left too early on Sunday evening.
USAT Grant Obligations (Jeff)- Will submit receipts from the Picnic and Open Water Swims to prove our money from the grant was used appropriately.
Website Help (Jeremy)- Jamie and Jeremy will request Tom Fountain to help
take over the website. Has a lot of web design experience. Need to offer incentive
such as a free membership for his help. He could also be placed on board as a
non-voting member in order to have details of items to put on web.
Forum - Restrict or Open it Up (Jeremy)- Questioned whether we’re too
restrictive. Discussions of main topics are TT specific so opening to public view
is not necessary. Can view website to learn more about the club.
Red Shirts - Price to sell to members(Ginger)- Dry fit Red T’s are $9.89.
We will sell for $10 each to members when available and given to new members.
Club Credit Card (Liz) - Will investigate a Debit card linked to our
checking account for team purchases. Will be easier and not require reimbursement
checks. Statements will be reviewed at quarterly meetings to ensure proper use of
card and TT protection.
Grant or Donation Request - Glenn Luther (Jeremy) - See attached. Glenn’s
request does not meet the grant criteria as stated on the website. His use of money
is more of a donation than progressing the goal of triathlon. Vote to accept Request
Aye-0 Nay-8. Request denied.
- Discussion was made whether to give Glenn a donation from the club for his race
or give him a forum to raise funds from the club.
Team Toledo Hats (Dale)- Minimum order of 36 hats at $17 per hat. White
hat with logo. May purchase 100 hats and sell for $10 each. Only downfall for
women is no ponytail hole. Motion made to spend $1050 to purchase 100 hats by Dale.
Khalil 2nd. Aye-8 Nay-0. By winter expo.
Khalil Clothes - Question a purchase of shorts/bibs to match new jersey’s.
A preorder may require a prepay of $50-60. Need to have samples for sizes also
pool membership for approval of purchase.
Jersey Order - 35 more to be ordered. Ginger motions $1994.14 to purchase.
Liz 2nd. Jersey’s up to date until end of 2007 when a new design will be developed.
Aquathon - Propose a TT owned race of 2k run/ 1500m swim/ 2k run. Committee
to investigate and present to board (Jeff D/Dale/Liz).
East YMCA Tri- Run in May. Dale to investigate how TT might become involved.
Team Toledo Nickname - Anonymous person asked if we might develop a nickname.
May poll members for ideas.
Motion to Adjourn by Jeremy. Jeff 2nd at 8:45pm.
Special note: Jamie may be moving to Cleveland prior to end of current board year. May need interim Secretary in future.
Meeting Time: 6:30pm Called to order at 6:45pm
In Attendance: Jeremy, Jamie, Ginger, Jeff D, Joe, Dale Missing: Liz, Jeff A., Khalil
July 18, 2006 Minutes - Ginger motioned to accept as typed, Dale 2nd. Aye- 6 Nay-0
Summer Activities 2006 - Low attendance for track workout/time trial. Need
to brainstorm how to up attendance. Maybe track workouts April-June?
Track coach paid? Yes
Olander paid? Yes
Taste of the Town? Yes
Doug Stern - To be held October 20-22. Northview open at $15/hour. Joe
will contact Doug to see if there is a participant minimum. Also Joe will develop
an email to go out announcing and requesting RSVP by Friday 9-22-06. Will send out
mass email and put on website.
Mideast payout - Liz wrote out all checks and distributed some by hands. Others to be in mail once address written out by Jamie.
Website Changing of the Guard - Tom Fountain has agreed to be our new
webmaster. Effective 9-13-06 he will be posting all messages on website as
directed through the board. He will make no major changes without board approval.
Jamie needs to change contact information through ISP and Web Host with new PO Box
and Debit Card.
Adopt a Street Oct. 21 - Move date to Oct. 28. Glenn Luther will organize. There is an Olander Holloween festival, but should not conflict. 8am until done. Mass email and website postings needed.
2006 jerseys- 44 more ordered have arrived. Jeff has been in contact with
those who pre-ordered and we need to advertise in order to sell the rest.
Grant (Georgi) - Georgi’s grant application reviewed. Has a new bike and
was able to pay with some costs covered. Team Grant would cover the rest. He’s
been a good participant in club and tri activities. Does meet criteria for grant.
Jamie proposed $500 with Ginger 2nd. All in favor Aye-5 , Nay-0. We need to ask
of Georgi to stay a member of club and ask him to participate on the race team.
Need a letter describing how he used the money with thank you to the club. Jeremy
will send notice of approval and our request.
Donation Fund (proposed by Glenn Luther) - Discussed how a “foundation” may
need to be set up for tax related purposes. None of the board members has a lot of
experience in this area. May need to develop a committee to investigate and develop criteria, or we may just be able to set aside some money. Discussion tabled until the membership can discuss at the annual meeting.
Bike Fit - Jeremy will contact Joyce to solicit Tom Demerly and other
vendors. Will have expo early January 6 or 13. Like to have a larger venue this
year and advertise to the public. Bike fits will be limited to those who’ve not
had one in the last 1-2 years. May add Sports Care, a Natural Medicine MD,
2006 board meetings (October 11? and November 8?)- November 8 to be held at Packo’s at the Park.
Chili cookoff - Will ask Kraig Kirby if he has time to organize. Will see
if the Roadhouse fixed their large T.V. and possibly go back.
2007 Race Uniforms - Jeff has been working on for the 2007 season. Would like
to have sizing/color samples at the bike fit/expo. A new skinsuit/2 piece design
will be made and team will choose from 4 color choices. Will use USAT grant money to help with cost.
Voler - If ordered by March will have by May. Members question fabric quality, but have all artwork.
Louis Garneau- 9 fabric choices, not sure of order/timing, at square one with design
and they have no artwork. Will question them on other clothing (hats, arm/leg warmers)
YMCA Kids Tri 2007 - Dale has been in contact. They are in need of volunteers
the first of June. USAT pushing clubs to get involved with kids events, but this
one is not USAT sanctioned. Will table discussion until more details are developed.
MidEast T-shirts - Would like pricing for the polyester shirts given out at
the MidEast Championships. Felt they are good for running or just lounging.
MiniTri - Joe may want to discuss holding a mini tri associated with the
swims at future meetings.
Motion to adjourn by Jeremy, Jamie 2nd at 8pm.
Location: Packo’s at the Park
Meeting Time: 6:30pm Call to order 6:30pm
Motion to adjourn meeting at 8:30pm by Jamie with Dale 2nd.
- Chili Cook-off- Ginger offered to call the Roadhouse to assess their capability to hold our group this year. May hold this year or conjoin with the annual meeting or bike fit.
- Jamie resigning as Secretary- Jeff DeGross will step in as interim and phase Jamie out within 3 weeks. Jamie will provide hard copy and computer files of meeting minutes and roster
- Doug Stern Wrap-up- Had 9 participants. In all was a great event with a good instructor. Doug enjoyed as well and would like to come back. Possible have him at a different time of year to draw more attendance. Seemed very motivational as well and could be a possible candidate for speaker at one of our events.
- USAT 2006 Grant fulfillment requirements- Requirements were to use the money by November 1, 2006 and have receipts to USAT by Dec.1, 2006. Jeff will submit around Nov. 15 and notify Jeremy when completed. Will plan to utilize this program again next year and possibly assign the task to the Vice President
- MERCRS race committee chairman replacement- Need to solicit a member who has been involved in many of the series races. Examples were Jeff Armstron, Greg LaMastus, Tim Whitney, or Tom Fridrick. Liz offered to look at prior race rosters. Issue tabled for now.
- Team Toledo Winter Health and Fitness Expo- Joyce contacted Tom Demerly to ask for two bike fitters on Jan. 6, 2007 and also contacted the church. Ginger will organize the fit schedule as she did last year from 9am-4pm.
- Motion to give Tom Demerly a $100 gift certificate to Main Street Ventures by Ginger. Khalil 2nd. Yay-9 Nay-0.
- The expo will include the public but the bike fit will not be advertised and only include TT members. Contacting vendors as below with confirmation by Dec. 1 and flyer distribution by Dec 8.
- TT needs a membership table at the expo manned by the board to solicit new membership involvement in activities and the board.
- Liz - Dave's, Beartooth, Reggies (clinic?)
- Jeremy - Bike Route, Aqua Hut, Cycle Werks, Red Sky, YMCA, Jim Donaldson for his vendors
- Jim Donaldson - Bikesport, Computrainer, Halo, Aquaman, Elite Endeavors
- Dale - Bike Works, Wildwood __
- Joe - Toledo Roadrunners, Mountainman, American Home Fitness
- Ginger - Speedo
- Khalil - Joe Sparks, Wheelmen (also promote it to their members)
- Jeff A. - Hammer Products, TAB (promote it to their members)
- May want to ask bike shops to run mini clinics through the day and advertise on flyer.
- 2007 race uniforms- No update. Will have fitting items at Expo with fabric, design, and color choices. Jeff continues to work on this agenda item.
- 2007 Clothing- 1) Khalil working on Voler shorts to match the jerseys. No sponsors and samples will be at the Expo. Will also look up socks from Sock Guy. 2) Dale will have hats ordered this week as per prior meeting minutes.
- Bike maintenance clinic- Hope to incorporate at the Expo via bike shops. Will table further discussions and possible tie into some open water swims in 2007.
- TT awning- Khalil motions to appropriate $300 to purchase a 12x12ft collapsible tent for use at races. Ginger 2nd. Aye- 9 Nay- 0.
- Website and Smartgroups forum- Smartgroups is closing down their services. Khalil will check out other forums to determine if we can use another. May ask Tom to connect a forum to the website.
- Adopt-a-street- 15 members present in cold/wet conditions. May need to move to later in AM or earlier in the fall. Need to contact Glenn Luther to see if he’d like to continue as coordinator. May need incentives for more volunteers.
- Member Issues- Any complaints or concerns need to be addressed through a suggestion box or email to the board. Hear-say complaints do not lead to resolution of problems.
- Annual Meeting- Need to find venue and possibly tie with a run or get a speaker to draw more people. Tabled discussion for now.
- Race 4 Recovery- ˝ IM moving to Monroe. Tamoshanter charging $3500 fee for race. Jeff D. is asking TT to possibly write a letter of concern to the City of Sylvania. Need to also ask Elite Endeavors if they will be charged the same fee prior to support. Tabled discussion for now.
- 2007 Track Coach- Request was made for a woman (Jodi) coach. Tabled for now.
- Next meeting December 6, 2006 at Ginger Dankerts home.
Location: Ginger's House
Attendees: Jeremy Miller, Kahlil Raffoul, Ginger Dankert, Joe Cutcher
Meeting brought to order by Jeremy – second Joe
Previous meeting minutes were not available for approval.
No treasurer report.
Several vendors have committed to attend. Board members were requested to finish
contacts. The list of vendors should be turned in to Jeremy by December 13th with
hopes a flyer can be produced by December 20th. Clinics will be 30 minutes keeping
in mind that the mini clinics are to educate, not sell products.
The church will be available until 5:00. Last bike fit should be no later than
4:00 and vendors should be finished at that time.
Swap shop can be utilized by non-members for selling and buying.
Refreshments will be provided and divided among board members to secure.
Joe Cutcher suggested a member survey sheet be developed for member input and be made available at the Expo. Joe will put something together and have it at the Team Toledo membership table.
Jeremy is still pursuing sponsorship so new team jerseys, hats, and race uniforms
are still on hold.
Kahllil hopes to have Team bike short sample available for members to try on and order.
Team Toledo application has been updated to reflect our new P.O. Box number and reposted to the website.
Indoor spinerval training. Khallil will check into possible scheduling a
couple of group rides this winter if there is enough membership interest.
Dave McGranahan sent a thank you for the Team Toledo grant award and complete race
re-cap from his World’s competition. Ginger will contact Dave for electronic
versions to post on the website.
Jodie Horns – power yoga. To be contacted to see if she would be interested
in a clinic during the Winter Expo. (*website).
Run Ohio – newsletter. (*website).
Indoor running at University of Michigan (*website)
*Discussion regarding members and non-members who wish to use our website for
business purposes and how or what should be expected from them. Tabled for future
Khallil will check into a new type of forum.
It was suggested that we form committees and give members the opportunity become
involved. Committees: Swim, Race, Clothing, Training (bike & run), Social, Race
Volunteers. Board members will head the committees. Sign-up sheets will be made
available at the Winter Expo and annual membership meeting.
Members of the Year - Godspeed
A going away brunch for Kraig and Jamie Kirby will be hosted by Tom and Ginger
Dankert Saturday, December 16th, at 11:00am following a run at Wildwood Metroparks.
Annual Membership Meeting
Ginger will check into finding a location. Olander was suggested for its central
location. Discussion regarding having a fun run and the chili cook-off in
conjunction with the annual meeting.
Meeting adjourned – Ginger. Second - Khallil