Open Water Swim Information
Olander Park Beach. |
Sorry, but most of these these rules are for the club's insurance and Olander Park liability.
- Please arrive half hour prior to start, you must be signed-in, counted-in, and on the
beach ready to go by the start time.
Saturday: 8:30am check-in; 9:00am start.
During the week: 6:30pm check-in; 7:00pm start.
- Only club members are allowed to swim, no guests. However, you can sign up and join the
club before the swim starts. It's only $35, you get a t-shirt and you get to hang out with
some really cool people. If you plan to sign-up at the swim, get there an extra 10 minutes
- Everyone must be signed in and counted in(we count people as they enter the beach). If
your late and not signed in and counted, you won't be allowed to swim.
- Club members only on beach. No kids. No dogs. Not even spouses, unless they're a club
member. They are allowed to watch from outside the fenced-in beach area.
- You must wear a swim cap. Preferably something bright or light colored. If you don't have
a cap, there are usually extras. Ginger has a nice one with flowers on it.
- Yes, you may wear a wetsuit.
- We go in waves. We will have 4 to 6 lifeguards in row boats to follow us around the lake.
Each wave will have 10 to 20 people, depending on how many show up.
- The swim is about 1 mile all the way around.
- If you want to go around twice, you must start in the first group and you must finish
in 30 minutes or less, because thats when we start the second lap.
- If you want to only go half a lap, you can. But you must tell the lifeguard before you
start. You should also go in the last wave.
- If you need to stop. You must signal the lifeguards so they know you got out.
DO NOT LEAVE UNTIL THE LIFEGUARD SIGNALS YOU BACK.